Friday, April 3, 2009

My life for metal!


Meeetal! yeah that's the stuff :) Although I've been experimenting different styles, my preference will always go to metal. Why? Because it's awesome (now that's a killer statement used to support a proposition).
First, Metal speaks to me like no other music can. While it can have thunderous hammer smashing face rhythms that pounds your head until adrenaline makes your heart explode, it also has extremely melodic pieces that fills your lachrymal channels with tears of joy... Screaming guitar solos and singers giving all of their heart to the public (and a public that gives it back in the mosh-pit).
Metal is love my friends. It's the love of a brotherhood that have strong values of honor and an epic drive to push artists skills to rocket to the skies of gods music mastery (a good band that lasts over time must have incredible musical skills, it's part of the show, what the audience expects).
Metal is also a mature style that was elaborated on several styles that were already mature at that time. Yes, Metal is based on Rock and Blues, which have proved their value over time. The first Metal band was Black Sabbath. They released their first album in February 1970. Since then Metal has evolved or should I say has mutated in many many sub genres. There is almost a sub-genre per band but one could blur the lines a bit a discover some families. So metal has kind of an endless stream of discoveries waiting for you to find out, tame, and love.

Well, I just went to a Metallica show last night, and damn it kicked so much my ass that I revolved twice around the moon before ultimately crashing into my bed after more than 2 hours of ultimate thrashing.

Love you guys!

Paris Clem: The sweet metal embrace.

No comments: