Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You shone like the sun

I just read some sad news, Richard Wright, Pink Floyd's keyboardist, died a few days ago taken away by the cruel hands of cancer. As you might not know, Pink Floyd is one of my all time favorite bands (since my mother bought this Wish you were here album when I was around 16) an awesome source of inspiration and musical pleasure. So I just wanted to say "thanks for the great music". I might pay my little musical tribute soon as the song of the week hasn't been released yet.

3 comments:

Q1 said...

"taken away".

Take, took, taken.

And the crazy diamond was Syd Barrett, dead a couple years ago.

And I'd like to hear your rendition of a Floyd song. Or your idea of a Floydian tune...

Unknown said...

Hey dude, I know it was a song for Syd Barrett, but it just sounded lovely to me.

I'm quite undecisive about the song I want to play, Whish you were here or... Shine on you crazy diamond, or maybe some kind of medley!

Unknown said...

So sad. I thought about you when I saw the news on the Internet this week. I also have some good memories with the band and the "wish you were here" album ;) And well, I love these two songs and my favorite one is "wish you were here", but just do as you want!